- About Us
- Mary Ward
- Office Bearers
- Contact Us
- Latest Updates
- A minimum attendance of 90% is compulsory for all students.
- To ensure regularity, medical appointments should be made on the weekly holiday. Should this not be possible and the appointment has to be made on a school day, prior permission must be taken from the Principal in writing with the necessary documents.
- No leave of absence will be given without a previously written application from the parents. Prior permission is required for any planned leave. If leave is required for three or more days, parents must meet the Principal during her office hours and get permission.
Parents must enter the Regularity Record in the diary of their child stating briefly the cause of the absence or delay, if she has been absent from class for some unforeseen reason. (Reasons of a private nature may be submitted in a letter). Those absent for more than Three days & due to medical reason, must provide the medical papers on the day of return.
- All are expected to be in school by the first bell which rings at 08:15 a.m. disciplinary action will be taken against frequent offenders. Those who are late Three times will be suspended for the number of days they are late.
- Attendance is compulsory on certain days of the Academic year (as indicated in the Holiday list):
- Non-teaching activity days like Independence Day, Teachers’ Day, Children’s Day etc.
- A week before every major examination, before the end of a term.
- A school working day amidst several public holidays.
- All must attend school on the last day before vacation and on the re-opening day after the vacation.
Doctor’s Certificate and prescription must be brought in case of illness.
Absenteeism on compulsory attendance days will be dealt with sternly. Parents will need to meet the Principal personally with a written explanation for absence to be condoned and for the child to rejoin her class.
- In case of a long illness, the parent must personally inform the Principal about the nature and likely duration of the pupil’s absence. Doctor’s Certificate, prescription etc. must be presented.
- Notice of withdrawal of a pupil must be given in writing one calendar month in advance or a months fee paid in lieu of notice. Vacancies are not normally kept open for children who go away for a long period during the school year.
- A list of holidays for the current year is printed in the school diary. All must attend school on the reopening day after each vacation. Parents are requested not to take their children on vacation before the set date or to extend these vacations. Pupils not attending punctually after holidays are liable to have their names struck off the rolls. If they are readmitted, they must pay the Admission Fee again.
Fees are to cover 12 months of the academic year,
- A sick child should not be sent to school even on days of tests.